Monday 3 September 2018

made it

We made it....thanks to all of you who prayed for us over the past few days.  Travelling went well, mostly...the boys did great on Saturday but after a 2am wake up (miami time)  on Sunday morning they were tired flying to Haiti.  Wee Jacob hasn't been well with a heavy cold and cough but he was great on all the flights and did a lot of sleeping, he just hasn't been so great at night.  Please pray for him to get better soon....Bill and I are in need of a very good nights sleep and we want him to feel better.

It feels good to be back in our house, unpacking and sorting is still ungoing, I am sitting here in the boys bedroom, they have just fallen asleep and as I look down there is barely any floor space as their clothes are all over the floor.  The problem with three boys is you never get rid of anything, (you also don't have to buy a lot of new stuff) so there is a lot of sorting to be done.

I took Sam to school today to meet his teacher and see his classroom, he was a little nervous going but now he is really excited to start school tomorrow.  I, on the other hand am not excited to be packing lunches everyday...any suggestions please send them my way!!But I am so thankful he has the opportunity to go to school here.

The boys are really glad to be back, especially to play with Lily, Sofie and Nora next door.  Bill will be back working tomorrow and I am still working out when that is going to happen for me.  Yverose and Michilene who look after the boys will be coming a couple of days a week for the boys to get to know them so I can get back to work in the clinic.

Our trip to Northern Ireland feels like a long time ago now even though it we only left three days ago.  Haiti really does feel like million miles away from everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's next?

 This is most definitely the question we have been asked the most since we left Haiti at the beginning of December and I can honestly say un...