As I have already shared our missionary team in Haiti has greatly reduced over the past couple of years and when we return to Haiti we will be the only missionaries living on campus.
This is not necessarily a bad thing as we do firmly believe in the 'work yourself out of a job' philosophy by training up nationals but we do have some critical roles which need to be filled by missionaries or have missionaries come and do training.
One of the critical needs Emmaus has is for an English teacher and it is always better to have a native English speaker to teach English!
Emmaus offers 4 levels of English classes to Emmaus students but we also have outside students come to learn English. Classes take place twice a week with tutoring on the days in-between.
We desperately need an English teacher for the 2021/22 academic year which begins mid August. Here are the responsibilities and requirements.
- Prepare and deliver lessons for English levels 1-4
- Meet with students in small groups for English tutoring
- Grade weekly English books
- Native English speaker
- TEFL / TESOL qualification or willingness to complete the qualification
- Flexibility to work and live in a cross cultural environment
- Work as part of a team
- Maintain the campus network
- Helping students with technology
- Setting up student accounts
- Managing the IT lab
- Experience working in IT
- Flexibility to work in a cross cultural environment
- Willingness to learn Creole